Academic advising at 华勒士社区学院 is designed to help students succeed and assist them in making the most of their college experience. Advisors will assist students in planning their educational process. 咨询服务包括:
- Information on registration procedures and class scheduling
To find the advisor assigned, students can log into their OneACCS 账户. The advisor will be listed under student information.
It has been shown that students who develop a good relationship with their advisors are more likely to persist and graduate. An advisor helps to promote student growth and development, and assists students in assessing their interests 和能力, 检查他们的教育目标, and developing short- and long-range plans to meet their objectives. Advisors provide information on general education and major requirements, 明确政策和程序, 讨论教育和职业选择, 监督学业进展, and direct students to other resources when necessary.
The goals regarding the advising program at 华勒士社区学院 are as follows:
- To provide accurate information about educational options, requirements, policies, and procedures.
- To help students plan educational programs consistent with their interests, 教育成就, 水平, 和能力.
- To help students clarify educational and career goals.
- To assist students by monitoring their educational progress and providing feedback when requested by the student.
- To help students understand the relationship between academic studies and career preparation.
- To refer students to available resources at the College, this may help to meet their special educational needs.
- To establish advisor and advisee bond that connects the student to the College, ultimately enhancing the potential for student retention and success.
Both students and advisors must assume equal responsibility in the advising process.
- Being familiar with degree programs and degree requirements
- Accepting ultimate responsibility for their decisions
- Being knowledgeable about college and departmental requirements, policies, and procedures
- Maintaining adequate office hours throughout the term
- Ensuring that students are provided access to services on a fair and equitable basis
- Avoiding any personal conflict of interest as well as the appearance of a conflict
- Discouraging students from circumventing institutional policies or regulations; and when confronted with situations in which students have violated policies, addressing the issues and referring students to the appropriate person or department
- Recognizing the limitations of their positions and being familiar with College resources in order to make appropriate referrals
- Maintaining confidentiality according to established standards
- Stays abreast of changes both at the College and transferring institutions
- Has a commitment to advising as a part of his or her responsibility to the College and to the student
- Understands the crucial importance of effective advising to student retention and success
Student 取向 Advising and 注册(上升) All first- time college students should attend 高飞. 在飙升, 学生将与指导老师见面, who will assist them in planning their schedule and also explain the online registration procedures.
网络注册. Students will access OneACCS to register for classes. For a step-by-step tutorial on how to register for classes, please click 在这里.
WCC可以帮助您找到合适的人选. Advisors have access to online career exploration tools such as Career Coach and Kuder. 更多信息请咨询你的指导老师.
Students will want to complete an Alabama Transfers Guide as soon as possible.
Alabama Transfers is a web-accessible database system which provides guidance and direction for prospective transfer students in the State of Alabama.
Alabama Transfers allows public two-year students in Alabama to obtain a Transfer Guide/Agreement for the major of their choice. 本指南/协议, 如果使用得当, guides the student through their first two years of coursework and prevents loss of credit hours upon transfer to the appropriate public four-year university in Alabama. Although transfer guides/agreements can only be printed for two-year to four-year transfers, the Alabama Transfers Guide can still provide guidance and direction to transfer students who have a different transfer situation.
Students can access an Alabama Transfers Guide by clicking 在这里 –alabamatransfers.com